Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sentences I never thought I'd say....

I really should have been keeping a better log of these, but tonight's was one that I knew I had to get down before it flitted out of my gray matter, never to be remembered.

To regress a bit and to set the stage, Noah has this stuffed sheep pillow thing. It has velcro tabs near the feet, and basically folds in 1/2, so it's a sheep when fastened, and a flattened sheep pillow when unfastened (the four feet are then spread out--two feet on the left, two feet on the right). Noah likes to take said pillow and fasten it around all sorts of things--the arms of his carseat, the ladder on his bed, the arms of his rocking chair.  Okay, we should be set for the story.

We are getting Noah ready for bed, and it's obvious that he is very, very tired--he's rolling around on the floor, and just generally not paying attention to anything I'm saying.  I remark that I don't think he's really listening.  He said, "But I AM listening!"

I reply:

"I don't think you are, because rolling around the floor with a sheep on your head is not the way you show someone that you're paying attention."

Which really, is true no matter who or where you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment